An injury or illness can lead to muscular atrophy and make it hard for muscles to contract. Inducing movement in an affected muscle can assist in the recovery process. Muscle Stimulation (E-Stim) is a therapy that causes muscles to contract and may reduce your discomfort during rehabilitation.Dr. William Molesky offers E-Stim and other non-invasive treatments to encourage the healing process.
How Does Muscle Stimulation Work?
Muscle Stimulation or E-Stim is a specialized medical treatment that uses electric currents to induce muscle contraction. It is non-invasive and clients may lay down while undergoing the therapy. Patients do not experience pain from the therapy. In fact, many find a session an enjoyable experience.
The Benefits of E-Stim
You may benefit from including E-Stim as part of an individualized treatment program. As a non-invasive therapy, E-Stim has shown to be an effective treatment for many. A care plan including this therapy offers significant benefits like:
- Improving blood flow to an area of injury, promoting the healing process in affected areas.
- Increasing muscle tone and muscle strength in weakened muscles.
- Strengthening the link between muscle movement and your brain, making it easier to move from easier exercises to more complex tasks.
- Preventing or slowing muscle atrophy, or a decrease of muscle mass.
- Encouraging relaxation, as the therapy releases tension in muscles, and encourages endorphin production.
Individuals who have chronic conditions, can experience a reduction in muscle tension and discomfort after a session, making movement easier. Athletes can use E-Stim to reduce swelling and soreness after a workout. It can also be used to decrease muscle stiffness as part of injury prevention. Schedule appointment with Dr. Molesky to explore your treatment options. 561-742-5959